Join the Friends and Support the Gardens. Take part in an exciting range of activities and events the Friends run for their members. The Friends are passionate supporters of the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria providing financial and volunteer support for projects and events.
New Friends’ members to the Friends will enjoy many great benefits including an invitation to our New Members’ Welcome, regular eNews, access to member only groups and free copies of Botanic News.
Benefits which all members of the Friends enjoy
- Free seasonal Botanic News magazine plus regular eNews bulletins
- Free quarterly guided walks in the Melbourne Gardens
- Special Member only Insider events E.g. Herbarium Tour
- Member only Photo Group, Botanic Illustrators, Growing Friends, Gardening groups
- Invitation (for you and a friend) to attend New Members’ Welcome Event
- Weekly Growing Friends’ nursery sales plus 10% discount on plants
- Discounts on Friends’ Events, Botanical Art Classes, Merchandise
- Discounts on RBGV Melbourne tours, Garden Explorer, Shops, Cafes
- Discounts at number of outlets
- Opportunities to Volunteer in the Gardens
Which membership suits you the best?
We have a range of memberships available so you can choose the one which is most suitable for you. All membership types receive the same benefits as listed above.
Passionate Member: 1-year membership for one person, includes a $55 donation to the Friends’ Trust Fund.
1-year Individual: Membership for one person for one year.
2-year Individual: Membership for one person for two years.
1-year household: Membership for two people living at the same address for one year.
2-year household: Membership for two people living at the same address for two years.
Pensioner: Membership for one person, for one year, who has a current Pension Card.
Student: Membership for a current tertiary/primary/high school student for one year.
Country: Membership for one person, for one year, who lives more than 50Km from the Melbourne Gardens.
Overseas: Membership for one person, for one year, who lives overseas.
Life Membership: Membership for one person for life. This membership also includes a significant donation to the Friends’ Trust Fund. If you are interested in this membership, please contact the Friends’ Office.