- The Friends host botanic art classes every day over an eight-week term in Domain House adjacent to the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
Depending on your class and skill level, tutors may work on a specific skill or project for a term.
Get to know our tutors and their teaching styles before choosing which class you might like to join. Our tutors have exhibited locally and internationally therefore you will be learning from some of the very best artists in Australia.
All students must be current members of the Friends to participate in classes and you must have completed a Beginner’s course before you are able to enrol in a class. If you have learnt botanic art at another location, please contact the Friends to discuss options available to you.
The only exception to this are students who are participating in workshops. The difference in the price of a beginners’ workshop for members and non-members is the cost of membership therefore if you think you will continue to participate in regular classes after the Beginners’ workshop you would be better financially to join the Friends before registering for the Beginners’ workshop.
Classes for Term 1 2020 will be delivered online due to COVID-19 restrictions. All classes will be presented on Zoom. To ensure you gain the most from your class, you will need a computer/laptop or iPad with a working camera to allow you to interact within the class and receive feedback from your tutor.
- Term 1 – week commencing 30 January 2021
- Term 2 – week commencing 19 April 2021
- Term 3 – week commencing 12 July 2021
- Term 4 – week commencing 4 October 2021
Online classes times and outlines for Term 1
- Tuesday 6-8pm with David Reynolds (Beginner – Intermediate level)
- Wednesday 10am-12pm with Dianne Emery (Advanced level)
- Wednesday 1-3pm with Dianne Emery (Intermediate – Advance level)
- Thursday 1-3pm with John Pastoriza Pinol (Beginner – Intermediate level)
- Thursday 5-7pm with John Pastoriza Pinol (Beginner – Intermediate level)
- Friday 10am-12pm with Dianne Emery (Advanced level)
- Saturday 10am-12pm with David Reynolds (Beginner – Intermediate level)
- Sunday 2-4pm with Dianne Emery (Beginner – Intermediate level)
Beginners' workshops times and outlines for Term 1
- Wednesday 6-8pm with Amanda Ahmed (Beginners’ workshop)
- Saturday 1-3pm with Amanda Ahmed (Beginners’ workshop)